A Dearborn Heights man learned his sentence for a crime that devastated an entire community.

Gregory Green, 50, pleaded guilty last month to killing his four children and torturing his wife. He pleaded guilty to four counts of second-degree murder, torture, assault with intent to do great bodily harm and felony firearms violations.

ClickOnDetroit reports:

Officers were called Sept. 21 to a home in the 4400 block of Hipp Street near Annapolis Street after a man called police at about 1:15 a.m. to say that he had murdered his family. Gregory Green was waiting on the front porch to surrender when officers arrived and was arrested in the driveway of his home.

Sources said Green’s 4-year-old daughter, Kaliegh Green, and 5-year-old daughter, Koi Green, were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning in a car and their bodies were later moved inside the home. Police found duct tape on the muffler of a car in the garage and a plastic tube attached to the car.

Gregory Green’s 17-year-old stepdaughter, Kara Allen, and 19-year-old stepson, Chadney Allen, were shot execution style in the basement of the home, authorities said.

Faith Green, the children’s mother and the wife of the suspected killer, was shot and stabbed. Authorities said Faith Green was found in the basement of the home, bound with duct tape and zip ties. Gregory Green bound his wife, cut her face with a box cutter and shot her foot before shooting the two older children in front of her, authorities said.

The Wayne County medical examiner ruled all the deaths homicides.

Faith Green appeared in court wearing white and gave a victim impact statement. Gregory Green, dressed in green, sat emotionless with his back to the mother of his children.

“You are a con artist, you are a monster,” Faith Green said. “Your justice will come when you burn in hell for all eternity for murdering four innocent children.”

She said she suffers from short-term memory loss and that doctors have told her that her brain is protecting her from the memory of watching her two children shot in the head in front of her while she was gagged, duct-taped and zip tied. She now suffers from pain in her foot from being shot, from PTSD and has scars on her face.

Faith Green said her parents have suffered greatly. She said her mother now has a hard time getting out of bed and her father had a stroke two weeks ago due to the stress.

“All I ever wanted to be was a mother and a wife,” Faith Green said.

Gregory Green spoke before he was sentenced.

“I just want to say, well, first of all, it’s in God’s hands, and only he can judge.” Gregory Green said. “I do regret and I am sorry for what has happened.”

Gregory Green seemed unmoved while he spoke.

“I have to be humble, very humble, because God knows a heart and he knows how regretful and sorry I am, and even now, after all this, he still has a plan,” Gregory Green said. “And I’m not giving up on that plan because God is God and there’s not one day that goes by that I don’t think of my girls, not one day. Often picture them playing and talking to the heavenly father. I pray that God be with them. I feel bad for how this has deeply impacted everyone and may God help them, help me, and help us all. That’s all I have to say.”

The judge had harsh words for him and sentenced him to the full plea agreement.

“Of all the tragic cases this court has seen, the facts of this one are by far the worst,” Judge Dana Hathaway said. “Fathers are supposed to protect their children and husbands are supposed to protect their wives.”

Gregory Green will not be eligible for parole until he is 97 years old. Hathaway said she is confident Gregory Green would die in prison.

Gregory Green appeared in the 20th District Court on Wednesday for a competency exam before Judge David Turfe. He was declared competent to stand trial and pleaded guilty to several charges.

The sentence agreement is for 45 to 100 years, plus two years consecutive for the felony firearm charge.

Green is 50 years old, making him 97 before he would be eligible to apply for parole.

The plea was given with the approval of Faith Green and the father of the two Allen children.

The sentencing hearing took place March 1 at a 9 a.m.

Gregory Green appeared in court for his arraignment on murder charges with ankle cuffs and dressed in an orange jumpsuit.

The prosecutor asked for remand and Green agreed.

“I don’t need bond,” Green said in court. “I don’t think I deserve one.”

He was remanded to jail.

Gregory Green’s criminal history shows that he served time for killing a former wife who was six months’ pregnant.

According to records, Gregory Green was convicted of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of his then-pregnant wife in March 1992. In a similar fashion, he called police to tell them what he had done and waited for them to arrive.

He pleaded no contest and served 16 years in prison.

He was denied parole four times for various reasons, but it was centered around his lack of remorse for the crime. After taking some cognitive-based programs, he was granted parole in 2008 and discharged in April 2010.

He married Faith Green after his release.

The suspected killer and Faith Green were married in 2010, but the marriage began falling apart and the mother of four filed a police report in 2013, saying:

“He is trying to make me leave our home. We’re filing for divorce. He’s being belligerent, kicking things. He kicked the couch while the baby was sleeping on it. He’s just kicking things, threatening me and saying if I don’t leave, things are going to get ugly. He jumped at me like he was going to attack. This went on for four hours.”

On the same day, she requested a personal protection order, but it was denied because of insufficient allegations. Police said they had not been called to the home in the previous three months and she had also not filed a complaint in that time.

She filed for divorce in January 2014, but since no action was taken after the filing, the case was dismissed. She filed for divorce again last month, saying that there had been a breakdown in the marriage and there was no reasonable likelihood that the marriage could be preserved.