A woman has revealed her horrific scars after she was “left for dead” in a botched tummy tuck.

Quanna Brown, from Chicago, decided to have the operation after her pregnancy weight  gain caused her to develop body confidence issues.

Just four day after surgery,  the mother of two woke up in excruciating pain that felt like her “skin was ripping apart.”

She said: “I’d never had surgery before so at first I thought it was normal.

“I could smell it and I could see all this puss and blood like it was infected.”

Quanna had to stay in hospital for 50 days and undergo five more surgeries in order to save her life.

Now pregnant with her third child, the 34-year-old has been left with a deformed stomach and struggles to look at herself in the mirror.

Quanna insisted she did a lot of research before deciding on a doctor, who she has decided not to name.

“I was very happy on the day of the surgery. I woke up bright and early and I was very excited, I went shopping, I wanted something new to wear after,” she said.

But the next day, Quanna said she was in so much pain it felt like her bandages were wrapped too tightly.
“The doctor said he’d never seen anything like this before and gave me antibiotics,” she said.

Quanna says the Dr’s nurse whispered and asked him if he wanted to rush Quanna to the emergency room. But he said no and that he had to go out of town.  Instead, he gave her antibiotics and sent her home.

“But my parents demanded that they fix me. My insides were opened and I was ripped.

“He redid the wounds and sent me home. The next time I went back in he wasn’t there and his partner looked at me but also sent me home afterwards.”

Metro UK reports:

Unable to move, Quanna was rushed to the emergency room the next day.

“They saved my life,” she said. “I barley remember it. I just remember one of the doctor’s face, she was looking so angry at what happened to me.”

She stayed in the hospital for more than 50 days and had five surgeries to remove skin and tissue as well as skin grafts.

She said: “When I got released from the hospital, I wasn’t able to walk straight and I was on a cane, I was back and forth to the hospital with blood clots, I spent two more weeks in a hospital and I still wasn’t feeling well, and I had to do something.

“My turning point came when my daughter asked for a bowl of cereal and I couldn’t get it for her.”

Now on the recovery, Quanna said her children have been her lifeline.

“I take care of my kids, they are my main concerns. I’m excited for my miracle baby and I am excited to just be alive,” she said.

Quinine says if she had the doctor rush her to the emergency room on the first visit, her stomach wouldn’t look so bad.